Suffice it to say that traditional email archiving is a mature technology category. However, more firms are looking at archiving today for the first time as their ‘keep everything forever’ strategies have failed. Others are motivated by a move to Office365, while some are looking for new approaches to address the growing challenges of social media, instant messaging, and rich media communications channels that are growing organically inside their firms.
Whatever the driver, archiving remains misunderstood by many – both within IT and across business units. Join us and our guest Bill Tolson from Archive360 as we explore and attempt to clarify the top 5 archiving myths:
- Archiving is primarily for email storage;
- Archiving is only necessary for regulated firms;
- Archiving leads to the risk of over-preservation;
- Cloud archiving is more expensive and less secure than traditional on-premises archiving;
- End-users don’t benefit from Archiving
We’ll wrap up with a brief overview of how Actiance and Archive360 are enabling organizations to address these myths and achieve their information governance objectives.
Watch the on demand webinar now!