As CA Data Protection Faces EOL, Actiance Offers Migration Path in Five Easy Steps
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. — October 25, 2017 — Actiance, the leader in communications compliance, archiving, and analytics, today announced its Safe Landing Program for customers of CA Technologies, which announced its plans to “end-of-life” (EOL) CA Data Protection (formerly Orchestria). The program, available now, will enable a smooth, cost-effective path for customers to migrate from CA Data Protection to Actiance Alcatraz, enabling modern eCommunications review capabilities while offering preservation and access to historical supervision data, previously managed by CA Data Protection.
According to CA Technologies, the “stabilization” of CA Data Protection went into effect July 27, 2017, meaning that there will be no future enhancements, versions, developments or service packs. The product will officially reach end-of-life on June 30, 2019, after which support will be limited to “self-service” through each customer’s maintenance term.
Companies are concerned about the risk and expense of managing millions of records of compliance data in an unlicensed and unsupported system. The natural solution is to migrate the data into an archive. Unfortunately, most archive providers can only ingest the base message and are unable to correlate it to the required surveillance metadata.
“The innovative and open Actiance Alcatraz archive platform supports the ingest of multi-dimensional surveillance data,” said Danielle Amatulli, Owner & CEO, Technically Creative, Inc. “Using this advanced platform, the Technically Creative team has developed a streamlined process to extract each of these message components, tag the individual elements, ingest into the Alcatraz archive, and reassemble the messages with all required surveillance information for easy and compliant reference.”
“Following CA’s announcement, many companies that rely on its Data Protection product will naturally feel stranded, vulnerable to risk, and unsure about next steps,” said Leo Haasbroek, SVP Global Services, Actiance. “With Actiance’s Safe Landing program, they can easily transition while continuing to meet all existing eCommunications supervision requirements for regulatory compliance, and take a significant step up in terms of capabilities.”
An opportunity to take a giant leap forward in archiving technology
By transitioning from CA Data Protection to Alcatraz, companies will not only avoid interrupting current workflows, but will position themselves to meet the compliance challenges of the next decade as number and complexity of eCommunications channels and regulatory requirements continue to proliferate. Serving as both a content store and data control layer, Alcatraz:
- Can ingest and understand any form of structured or unstructured information, allowing organizations to create global user profiles, apply detection policies, and store content and review information in a SEC/FINRA compliant manner
- Compliantly migrates and preserves CA Data Protection supervisory data and associated review and audit work product to demonstrate regulatory chain of custody and proof of supervision
- Provides policy-based routing, content classification and enrichment to enable a variety of downstream enterprise applications to gain new insights from supervised content
- Supports a single, unified view of all communication channels, the ability to retain and display conversational threads, and sub-second search and retrieval to expedite supervisory review
Interactive webinar to shed light on the transition to ensure continuous compliance
Actiance and Technically Creative will host an interactive webinar on Thursday October 26th to demonstrate how customers can chart a smooth, cost-effective migration to Actiance Alcatraz in 5 easy steps. Click here to register for the webinar.
The Data Protection Safe Landing Program is available now, and offers:
- Annual service credits to offset the cost of migration
- Access to policy migration tools to automatically convert retention, legal hold, and supervision policies
- Complimentary training programs for end-users, legal, and supervisory staff
- A no-cost health check to help you plan your migration
Become a fan of Actiance: http://www.facebook.com/actiance
Follow Actiance on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/actiance
Actiance is the leader in communications compliance, archiving, and analytics. We provide compliance across the broadest set of communications and social channels with insights on what’s being captured. Actiance customers manage over 500 million daily conversations across 80 channels and growing. Customers include the top 10 U.S., top 5 Canadian, top 8 European, and top 3 Asian banks. The Actiance advantage is customers stay ahead of compliance and uncover patterns and relationships hidden within their data. Learn more at www.actiance.com.
Actiance headquarters are in Redwood City, California. For more information, visit http://www.actiance.com or call 1-888-349-3223.
Actiance Media Team:
Vice President, Corporate Communications