Technical Architect (Position Code: TAA)
Location: Bengaluru, India
The position is responsible for the architecture and development of Cloud-scale applications using a Highly Available Distributed architecture.
- Collaborates and partners with technical and business teams to present and define, strategies, requirements, road-maps, budgets and solutions. Prepare and present gap analysis for technology and business solutions up to VP level.
- The Big Data Integration / Solution Architect must have strong understanding and hands-on experience with the following software components: MongoDB, Elastic Search, Storm, Spark, Kafka, Java, Memory Caching etc.
- Provides technical direction for diverse and complex initiatives and is accountable for a variety of tasks to architect and deliver solutions that exceed customer expectations in content, usability, accuracy, reliability and performance while assuming a leading role within agile teams (both on-shore and off-shore).
- Interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this strategy. Typically influences multiple teams of professionals.
- Has experience building highly available, high volume, fault tolerant transaction processing engines that span multiple locations.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Works independently, assumes responsibility for job development and training, researches and resolves questions and problems, requests supervisor input and keeps supervisor informed required
- Participate on interdepartmental teams to support organizational goals.
Desired skills & experience
- Advanced Degree in technical discipline and/or equivalent technical experience (e.g. 10+ years of architecture experience with data integration and data warehousing; 3+ years of big data platform architecture).
- Experience working with large datasets (petabytes)
- Experience architecting and maintaining highly available applications.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience with Elastic Search.
- Experience working as solution architect supporting Platform as a Service.
- Experience with continuous integration, test-driven/behavior-driven development, and agile, scrum development methodologies.
- Experience collaborating and partnering with technical and business teams to present and define strategies, requirements, road-maps, budgets, and solutions.
- Experience designing logical and physical architectures.
- Experience influencing teams of senior technologists.
- Experience working in an Agile development methodology in a data warehouse environment.
- Excellent oral, written, analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills.
- Experience with managed services and on-shore / off-shore development.
- Knowledge of high-performance transaction system architectures.
- Knowledge of NoSQL platforms.
- Experience using caching technology for real time data enrichment/transformation.
- Knowledge in big data methodologies and best practices required.
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference job title in the subject line.Actiance is an equal opportunity employer.