System Administrator (Position Code: System Admin)
Location: Bengaluru, India
We are looking for talented Systems Administrator supporting productions environments. Individuals’ main responsibility will be to maintain and manage system in data centers. This individual will also be accountable for the following systems: Windows OS, VMware Solutions, storage systems, monitoring hardware. Provisioning, operations and support of these systems and solutions will be a key responsibility of the individual. Individual should be able to do research and development to ensure continual innovation for the responsible services.
- Keep the existing data center systems running without interruption
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop, maintain and improve high standard operation process for the responsible services.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards and build process to provide End of the Hardware systems.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
- Maintain Inventory of all the hardware
- Monitoring systems at Hardware level and setting up alert system for the same (HDD failure, RAM Failure etc.)
- Maintain records of all the equipment connectivity eg. Which systems’ which NIC port is connected to which switch
- Proactively keeping track of required equipment (servers, HDDS, NIC etc…) so as to avoid last minute hiccups for a setup
- Should be able to do Power Management like balanced power distribution, monitoring Power Usage etc..
- Maintain call/ticket log records
- Keep track of changes done (something like change Management)
Desired skills & experience
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology, or IT equivalent work experience required.
- At least 5-8 years of experience in IT Administrator
- At least 3 years of managing data centers.
- Must be able to organize, schedule work effectively, and be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
- Ability to work effectively and closely with all levels of management within and across the organization.
- Must be able to work both independently or in a team environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including hours beyond the normal schedule when necessary; we operate in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Must be able to maintain upmost confidentiality.
- Excellent troubleshooting knowledge on computer systems (Windows and Linux (CentOS & Ubuntu) Environment)
- Excellent Knowledge on Linux based Operating systems, Ubuntu.
- Understanding Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File Permissions
- Knowledge on Virtualization technologies like VMware, XEN
- Experience in Hardware Monitoring tools
- TCP/IP Networking, VPN, imaging technologies
- Manage and maintain Windows and Linux
- General understanding of Microsoft operations systems.
- Intermediate understanding of MS SQL 2008 R2.
- Experience of supporting users as needed in corporate environment
- Should have excellent problem solving capability
- Should works as a high-performance team member in the organization
- Basic knowledge of Big data technologies
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference job title in the subject line.Actiance is an equal opportunity employer.