Build Release/ Software Release Engineer – (Position Code: Build Release)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Actiance is looking for a Software Release Engineer to join its Technical Operations team. This candidate should be self-motivated, production sensitive and technically talented to support Actiance’s 24×7 Service Infrastructure environment. In this role, the candidate will provide monitoring and support for cloud based applications, UNIX based systems, service infrastructure, as well as other customer needs. Will provide Level 1 shift support on both development/QA and Service Infrastructure environment.
- Manage and maintain multiple environments, ensuring that these environments are properly setup, configured, and available for each project as scheduled
- Manage, deploy and support multiple concurrent releases through various environments
- Reviews deployment packages with developers to ensure code is properly staged for deployment.
- Create, review, publish and manage formal release notification, instructions, deployment notes and launch plans as needed.
- Help to maintain and enhance the release procedures and processes.
- Maintain environment release information across multiple lab environments such as software and configuration baseline version.
- Maintain build and release procedures, release branches, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Proactively identifies, recommends and implements process and other improvements.
- Manage the release of Hotfixes, Service Packs and Major Releases
- Ensure consistency and quality of software applications
- Be a point of contact for both test teams and development teams
- Support the development teams in the investigation of issues
Desired skills & experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of development environments and build processes
- Good knowledge of scripting languages
- The candidate will need 3 -4 years of experience in a Linux environment
- Experience with GIT Repositories and testing tools
- Proficient analytical skills to resolve complex problems
- Proactive, organized and able to work in a faced-paced environment with diverse teams
- Experience with formatting database queries (verbal and written)
- Networking Tools (ssh, scp, ftp, ping, traceroute)
- Knowledge of SQL queries.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills. Great problem solver.
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference job title in the subject line.Actiance is an equal opportunity employer.