Senior Specialist/Specialist Information Engineer (Position Code: TWR)
Location: Bengaluru, India
- Research and write technical product documents such as, online help, installation and getting started guides, system administration guides, API guides, hotfixes, release notes, and similar documents for a variety of audiences including system administrators, field engineers, support engineers, and end users.
- Prepare documentation plans, content specifications and other project documents that support content development throughout the DDLC.
- Coordinate and collaborate with engineering, product managers, professional services, and related groups through the product-lifecycle process to ensure that all product documentation is technically accurate, comprehensive and in conformance with the documentation standards.
- Professionally and consistently self-edit own work and assist in editing the work of other team members when necessary. Help engineers improve the user interface strings and other technical documents.
- Keep all assigned documentation deliverables up-to-date in accordance with product releases by meeting high quality standards.
- Proactively communicate status and issues to facilitate coordination with a global team.
- Meet requirements for speed, deadlines, and methodology in Agile environment.
- Maintain focus on delivering documentation in the most efficient and productive way by following the latest industry trends.
Desired skills & experience:
- 5-8 years of experience in writing in-depth conceptual and task-oriented technical documentation for an enterprise software product.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, English, or a related field.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with professional publications software such as, MadCap Flare, Robohelp, knowledge on CMS, bug tracking tools, and image editing tools like SnagIT, Photoshop, and MS Visio.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commercial software development process and the document development life cycle (DDLC).
- Experience in working with CSS and Java Scripts to create online material, tutorial.
- Experience installing and configuring products.
- Ability to quickly grasp and document technical, abstract, or advanced concepts clearly to any audience level required by a product.
- Proven ability with English spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax and composition rules and a clear business/technical writing style.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications and the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Should be a self-starter who can accomplish responsibilities with minimal monitoring and guidance.
- Experience in producing procedural videos, how to demos using Camtasia, Adobe Captive will be a plus.
- Knowledge of Confluence will be a huge plus.
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference job title in the subject line.Actiance is an equal opportunity employer.