Sr. Network Security Engineer (Position Code: Network Engineer)
Location: Bengaluru, India
We are looking for a Sr. Network Engineer that would be responsible for enterprise information by determining security requirements; planning, implementing, and testing security systems; preparing security standards, policies, and procedures; mentoring team members.
- Evaluates current network systems to propose and implement network system enhancements
- Defines, designs, and implements network solutions
- Applies advanced network engineering and architecture knowledge on complex and diverse problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- May oversee network systems projects.
- Designs, installs, supports, and maintains new network hardware and software infrastructure.
- Provides network solutions to business and management requirements.
- Allocates network resources, monitors network performance and usage, and ensures most cost effective and efficient use of network resources.
- Ensures all IT equipment complies with industry and regulatory standards.
- Troubleshoots, analyses, and resolves faults in operational networks.
- Ensures routine preventative maintenance and license compliance is performed.
Desired skills & experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience working with network infrastructure.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in firewall management (Cisco, Brocade, FortiGATE).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in load balancer management (Citrix NetScaler, Kemp)
- Experience supporting multivendor environment with HA.
- Exceptional troubleshooting experience.
- Deep knowledge of L2 and L3 protocols.
- Experience creating networking design diagrams.
- Experience documenting network policies and processes.
- Experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, Solarwinds, OMD)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware)
- Clear understanding of the Linux/Ubuntu Operating systems.
- Experience with cloud based datacenters, preferred.
- Ability to create and manage detailed task lists
- Mid-size and Enterprise experience, preferred.
- Security Certifications, preferred
- CCNA and CCNP, preferred
- 25% Travel required – especially during learning curve
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com, and reference job title in the subject line.Actiance is an equal opportunity employer.