Escalation Manager – (Position Code: EM )
Location: Bengaluru, India
The Escalation Manager (EM) is a specialized role within the Worldwide Customer Support hierarchy at Actiance. This role is critical to the success of Actiance’s global support strategy. This individual contributor position requires a strong leader able to execute on customer relationship management, tactical escalation execution, reactive escalations management and cross-functional coordination.
The EM will work with all necessary contacts within Actiance to gather information about the critical problem to report back to the customer leadership team, and to ensure all necessary Actiance resources are engaged and working toward resolution of the escalated issue.
You will be responsible for diving into our customers’ escalated requests, helping to gather accurate details from the customer, and all cross-functional teams within Actiance, and continuously advocating for product, policy and process improvements that serve our customers. You thrive on making things right with urgency and will stop at nothing to help our valued Actiance customer get what they need to be successful with our solutions.
The Escalation Manager owns the management of an escalation end to end, from the time that the case is escalated to the post escalation review. This includes being responsive, considerate and passionate about customer success, yet disciplined, focused and creative. This position is also responsible for assisting customers directly, ensuring their issues are responded to in a timely fashion and resolved thoroughly
Escalation Manager’s should posses’ a high-level understanding of all Actiance solutions, as well as with the essential job requirements, i.e. professional communication, project management, written and oral skills, cross-functional relationships, time management, etc. Escalation Managers are expected to demonstrate a calming demeanor, ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations with high levels of customer interaction, self-directed and self-motivated with a demonstrated work ethic and ability to perform under pressure, outstanding attention to detail and high personal quality expectations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Escalation Management: Primary interface for critical escalations that require coordination across multiple internal teams, located across multiple time zones and geographies. Manage highly visible, global and strategic, customer escalations with clear verbal and written communication with appropriate cadence of regular updates aligned to agreed expectations driving to a timely resolution. Demonstrate expertise in Escalation Management and associated escalation support processes. This role will primarily cover escalations for EMEA and US East coast customers. The EMs working hours will need to align accordingly.
- Assist with coordinating appropriate Actiance resources to engage in resolving the critical issues
- Provide clear and timely communications to customer leadership
- Understand and assess how the issue affects the customer, by conducting a detailed situation appraisal and review.
- Document a formal communication plan with the Customer, the Account Team and Customer Support. The communication plan includes the list of people to be informed and the means of communication, frequency, and backup strategies for communication.
- Own the Action Plan, document and track the escalation.
- Conduct closure review and close escalation after closure criteria have been met.
- Help with trend analysis of problems and RCAs.
- Work with the “Get-to-Green” Project Manager to prepare and present at risk customers requiring heightened visibility and maintain ownership of activities to retain these customers.
- Provide frequent updates of “Hot” Issues and critical customer accounts for Tech Support and/or WWCS Leadership.
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Technical related field or industry equivalent experience
A minimum of 6 years of experience as an individual contributor and a minimum of 3 years as a project manager, tech support or escalations engineer, Support Account Manager, or Technical Account Manager is required.
Soft-skills Training – CSP:
Certified Support Professional and/or Customer-Focused Technical Support Certification
Project Management Professional – PMP:
Project Management Professional Certification
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com, and reference job title in the subject line.Actiance is an equal opportunity employer.